Registrations are available online 60-90 days prior to your current expiration date. If you cannot proceed with online registration, try again closer to your expiration date.Registration reminders will be sent out on postcards at least 60 days in advance of the expiration date.
Once the registration has been completed, an updated Physician's Permit will be printed and mailed within 10 working days.
As of 9/1/2015 the physician registration fee decreased to$452.00 every two years. Please note that all registration fees due prior to 9/1/2015 will not be affected by this fee change, regardless of when payment is remitted.
There are five simple steps to submit your online license renewal:
- Please note that if you are not able to complete your online license renewal, your data will be automatically saved for you for 15 days. Upon your return to complete the renewal, you will be given the option to use your saved application or to begin again.
- Enter your License Number and your Social Security Number.
- Review, confirm or update your information, and complete your registration.
- Pay registration fees with MasterCard, Visa, Discover, American Express, or Electronic Check.
- View and print receipt.
NEW - TMB Transitions to electronic licenses
The Texas Medical Board is transitioning to electronic licenses for a more paperless experience and to allow for enhanced licensee control. As of September 1, 2019 the Board will no longer issue paper licenses after a completed registration/renewal for the following license types:
- Physician (including telemedicine, administrative, conceded eminence and public health)
- Physician Assistant
- General Medical Radiologic Technologist
- Limited Medical Radiologic Technologist
- Non-Certified Radiologic Technician
- Respiratory Care Practitioner
- Medical Physicist
What does this mean for licensees renewing their licenses on or after September 1, 2019?
Once your registration/renewal is complete, please allow 2 business days for processing. After that time, you will be able to log into your MyTMB account and view, save or print a copy of your active license. In addition, after September 1, 2019, you will be able to use the same system to view, save or print a copy of your active license as needed.
Please note that primary source verification regarding licensure status is always available to anyone, including licensees’ employers, via the TMB website through Look up a License.