NEW REGISTRATION (RENEWAL) PROCESS
Existing permit expiration dates beyond March 31, 2016, will be honored by TMB, no extensions required. Renewals will also continue to be done biennially. Additional information is provided below. Click on the tabs below for specific fee information.
- Information on the required criminal history background checks and instructions for getting fingerprinted are available here.
- Registration/renewal through TMB is completed on a different schedule than DSHS, with all permits expiring during specific set times of year (as opposed to expiring in the permit holder’s birth month). MRT and LMRT licensees will expire twice a year, February 28th or August 31st
- As part of the transition from DSHS to TMB, existing MRT and LMRT licenses will have their first registration with TMB per the existing permit expiration date. The renewal fee charged at the time of the first renewal with TMB will be pro-rated to bring the permits in line with the new expiration dates.
- For example, MRT and LMRT licenses that expire in December, or January or February of 2016 will be renewed through February 2018, and licenses that expire in March, April or May of 2016, will be pro-rated to renew through August 2018.
- For those licensees who have recently been issued or renewed with DSHS, it may be approximately two years before you are due to register/renew with the TMB.
- As part of this transition, some existing license and permit numbers will be reformatted to fit TMB requirements.
Information on continuing education is available at CE for Limited MRTs .