image of caduceus
Servicemember and Spouse Professional License Recognition

The Servicemembers’ Civil Relief Act, a federal law, allows a member of the uniformed services or a servicemember’s spouse to file for recognition of a professional license from another state to practice that profession in Texas while stationed in Texas. Recognition requires proof that the individual is currently licensed in good standing in another state and has current orders assigning the servicemember to Texas. The recognition, once approved, is only the ability to practice while in Texas on assignment, but it is not a Texas license.


Verification of the approved recognitions is in the list below.


List of Servicemember & Spouse Professional License Recognition


Click here for information on how to apply for the Servicemember and Spouse Professional License Recognition .