As required by SB 202 passed in 2015 by the 84th Texas Legislature, the Texas Board of Respiratory Care is an advisory board to the medical board and consists of nine members appointed by the governor with the advice and consent of the senate as follows:
(1) four respiratory care practitioners who each have at least five years of experience as a respiratory care practitioner;
(2) two physicians licensed in this state who supervise respiratory care practitioners; and
(3) three members who represent the public.
The advisory board and the medical board are responsible for regulating the practice of respiratory care as required by Chapter 604, Occupations Code.
- Respiratory Care Board Member Biographies
- Respiratory Care Board Committees
- Respiratory Care Board Member Listing & Terms Adobe® Portable Document Format (PDF) File